February 22, 2015

Year of the Avengers

This year, I started a long process of catching up with the Avengers. From the beginning.

This is something that I dabbled with a few years ago with the Fantastic Four. In 2011, I read the FF from issue 1 to issue 600. I cut things a little bit close by finishing issue 600 on December 30. In 2012, I started the Year of Spider-Man with Amazing Fantasy 15. That adventure ended up being a lot more disjointed and became a bit of a mess when my reading timeline entered the 90s.

And this is the Year of the Avengers. Honestly, it will likely end up being a multi-year trek.

I started the year off with Journey Into Mystery, Tales to Astonish, Tales of Suspense and the Incredible Hulk. I added the Hulk because he's a founding member (of sorts) and his first series was only six issues.

I've largely been using the new Marvel Epic Collection line of trade paperbacks. Side note: I absolutely love this line.

So far, I am up to March 1965.

I will be posting my thoughts on every issue on this blog with brief thoughts on Twitter.
 

2 comments:

bairdduvessa said...

holy shit, good luck rabbitt!

Brandon James said...

Thanks! I'll give it my best.